Don Jamieson - Denim & Laughter - LP
Comedian and former That Metal Show co-host Don Jamieson is a massive Saxon fan and has paid homage to the New Wave of British Heavy Metal heroes on his new comedy record, Denim and Laughter.
The title is a cheeky turn on Saxon's iconic 1981 release, Denim and Leather, falling in line with other rock album title puns that make up his existing comedy catalog.
"This album was recorded in front of about 40 hardcore fans in a speakeasy in a secret location in Los Angeles on October 19, 2019," said Jamieson of the album's setting, exclaiming, "Now the rest of you can enjoy it!"
Elaborating on the intimate gig, the comedian continued, "I've recorded my stand-up albums in comedy clubs, rock clubs and now an illegal club. Comedy is way more fun when you're at the risk of being raided at any moment!"
Jamieson also thanked Saxon for letting him spin a pun out of their album title.
While headbangers are certainly familiar with Jamieson's work, he insists this album isn't designed exclusively for metalheads. "But of course, the album is not just for rockers, but for all people who like humor with a rock 'n' roll attitude. Comedy is like rock 'n' roll...it's no fun if it's not dangerous. And being a comedian on Metal Blade Records makes the whole package complete," he said.
This deluxe vinyl edition also comes with a limited edition embossed guitar pick!
1. Drinking Buddy, Hipster Jizz & Gluten-Free Keith Richards
2. Miserable Sober, Booze Rehab & Liquid Cocaine
3. Chevy Sativa, a Yankee Candle & Stonehenge
4. The Greatest Country, Wife-Beaters & Aliens
5. Tea Tree Shampoo & Adam Levine's Nipples
6. That Metal Show, Hi-Def Porn & P.C. Bands
7. Alice & Ozzy, Zakk Wylde & Buzztightrear
8. Black Sabbath, Gwar, & a Bloody Good Flight
9. Stone Cold, a Sporty Ford Fusion, Rock out with Your C*ck Out
10. Roast on the Range, She's Only 17
11. Billy Ray, Little League, Prison Time
12. Mounting Mary, Serial Killers, Death by Bus
13. Gorilla Sex, Spitting, Banana Tits
14. Gender Fluid, D.N.A. Test, Anal Fetish
15. Fake News & the Return of the Sporty Ford Fusion